Kansas Senior Games
2017 Kansas Senior Games
Topeka, Kansas - September 15-24
The Kansas Senior Games are the Sunflower state's own multi-sport competition for ages 50+. The Kansas Senior Games takes place over two weekends each September in Topeka. The 2016 Kansas Senior Games hosted a total of 817 participants who competed in 17 sports. Athletes traveled to the capital city from 21 different states and more than 220 communities. The Sunflower State Games is proud to host this event designed to encourage active and healthy lifestyles for ages 50+.
- Click on the sport pages for complete event details and registration procedures.
- Event registration will open on May 1st and close on September 2nd. Late registrations will not be accepted.
- Registrations will be accepted using the following methods: Online, USPS mail delivery, fax, or email. Registrations will not be accepted over the phone. All registrations must be accompanied with full payment or will not be accepted.
- For doubles sports, each athlete must register and pay separately.
- For team sports, the team manager/coach must register and pay for the entire team.
- Age groups include: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, and 95-99.
- All participants will receive a commemorative t-shirt included with their registration.
- Commemorative Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals will be distributed to the top three finishers in each age group.
2017 TENTATIVE SCHEDULE:
|Golf||Thursday, September 14||Cypress Ridge Golf Course|
|Celebration of Athletes||Thursday, September 14||Downtown Topeka Ramada|
|Pickleball||September 15-16||Hughes Park|
|Basketball||Saturday, September 16||Sport Zone|
|Granny Basketball||Saturday, September 16||Sport Zone|
|Cycling||Saturday, September 16||Forbes Field|
|Swimming||Saturday, September 16||Hummer Sports Park Natatorium|
|Shooting - Sporting Clays||September 16-17||Ravenwood Lodge|
|Track/Field & Race Walk||Sunday, September 17||Hummer Sports Park|
|Bocce Ball||Sunday, September 17||Felker Park|
|Shuffleboard||Friday, September 22||St. David's Episcopal Church|
|Horseshoes||Saturday, September 23||Gage Park|
|Badminton||Saturday, September 23||First Baptist Church|
|Softball||Saturday, September 23||Rueger Park|
|Table Tennis||Saturday, September 23||First Church of the Nazarene|
|Miniature Golf||Saturday, September 23||Sports Center|
|Bowling||September 23-24||Gage Bowl|
|Volleyball||Sunday, September 24||Sport Zone|
|Road Race (5K/10K)||Sunday, September 24||Felker Park|
|Racquetball||Sunday, September 24||Downtown Topeka YMCA|
|Tennis||Sunday, September 24||Kossover Tennis Center|
- Phone: 785-235-2295
- Fax: 785-235-1308
- Mailing Address: 501 SE Jefferson St., Ste. 22, Topeka, KS 66607
- Please Note: Our office is not accessible to the general public. Meetings are by appointment only. Please contact us via phone or email with all questions or inquiries.
- Executive Director: Mitch Gross
- Director of Operations: Hannah Deters